The Barony holds weekly populace meetings every Thursday. Weekly meetings are open to the public. Feel free to just show up if you want to learn more about the Society for Creative Anachronism
About 50 to 100 people attend weekly meetings, so if you are new, be sure and speak up. We might miss you in the crowd. Fighter Practice and Dance Practice are usually held in conjunction with weekly meetings. Feel free to join in, or at least ask lots of questions. You will see people wearing medieval clothes, or what we call garb
. It is not necessary to wear garb to attend weekly meetings, but if you would like to borrow some, just ask. We usually wear garb to promote a more medieval atmosphere, but we were all new once too, and we all borrowed clothing and other accoutrements from near total strangers to get started. So don't be shy- come to meeting. Meetings are held at Olivette Community Center.
Olivette Community Center: 9723 Grandview Drive, Olivette, MO
You can view a map from MapQuest or GoogleMaps or just follow these directions:
- Find the intersection of Olive Boulevard and Warson Road.
- From I-270 & Olive: Take Olive east 2.5 miles, past Lindberg,
to Warson Road. Turn north (left) onto Warson Road.
- From I-170 & Olive: Take Olive west to Warson Road. Turn north
(right) onto Warson Road.
- Look For: Power switching substation on the SW corner, and a church
on the NW.
- Take Warson Road North about 1 block, about 0.3 miles.
- Turn Right on Grandview Drive. The Olivette Community Center is on the
North (left), about 0.2 miles from Warson.
- Park in the parking lot, please obey the one way signs in the entry circle.
- The Society for Creative Anachronism is meeting in Room 8 and the gym, in the left
wing of the Community Center.
Please note that the site has a few rules:
- Site opens at 6pm, and closes at 10pm
- Please do not congregate in the hallway. Use our reserved rooms or the common area.
- Gym use is not available till 7pm
- Fighter Practice Starts around 7:00pm. Non-scuff shoes are required for
fighting in the gym. Please don't armor up in the hallway.